open qualifiers Posted by hex4

seeing lots of tweets 'mocking' the format - what do you think would be best to improve? let's give some suggestions maybe shahin & ghost can take something from this thread ;)

this thread is solely for the format - we all know there are bugs out there that need to be resolved but that's another subject
Posted on: 2020-01-27 08:47

Comments

B05 - Double Elimination
vrub0n Posted on: 2020-01-27 10:49
double elimination would take AGES with all those teams - i agree with increasing rounds though
hex4 Posted on: 2020-01-27 11:50
my opinion would be to do it minimum bo5 as Hal said on twitter - but I'd prefer a bo7 and spread out the qualifiers over more days.

for example:
Round 640 & 320 in 1 weekend
Round 160 - Tuesday
QF - Thursday
SF & Final - another Weekend

7 rounds will help decrease the RNG problem for loot, circles & crashes/bugs and spreading them out on more days will keep players fresh every round
hex4 Posted on: 2020-01-27 11:52
I would say bo5 and only platinum rank and above. Then we don't have to play multiple rounds with people who never was gonna make it into finals anyways. Would also help splitting it into two weekends if there are that many teams.
pyradice Posted on: 2020-01-27 12:19
definitely agreed. rank needs to be atleast plat or even dia, most of the gold teams wont make it anyway.
kazu Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:14
I would say that it has to be done in 2 weeks-ends as well.

We can always keep the same amount of rounds, but we gotta get at least 5 games per round.

Also, they should perhaps seed good established teams properly. I was watching my boys over Secret yesterday, and they got seeded with a lot of good teams. It should not be random in my opinion.

Room for improvement for sure.
m1nac Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:05
more days for quals not just 2 days in the end its major quals.
bo5 or double elim with loser brackets
this format does not support "high skill" and you saw it when all these big teams got eliminated because someone got a lucky game.
kazu Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:13
For sure more than 2 days next time.

BO5 is good, but I do not think it should be double elimination.

Indeed, I believe it was hard to adapt to teams that do not practice in scrims. Pro players seem to be used to a specific style of play, and they got completely destabilized by new players they never played with, and lets not forget that BO3 is not enough for a RNG game.
m1nac Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:18
More days for quals. You should also care about other teams not just the big orgs when other teams r getting kicked out of games or completing losing because of bugs. Dont have tournaments like this if your servers are not ready for this. I spend over a thousand dollars on my pc to play this is and this is what we get.
doSxXxEquis69 Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:22
The format is pretty messed up to I've been running tournaments for many years and your concept is confusing to most if not all and ur explanation in the rules doesnt help. U have this qualifier going this way another on is thrown in this stage this country has to be invite only. Make it simple
doSxXxEquis69 Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:27
https://gll.gg/events/gll-season-4 like this

3 round, 3 days, 6 maps, final round 8 maps
FRESHY Posted on: 2020-01-27 16:48
The rounds will mostly depend on how many teams sign up, so to make it 3 Rounds only, they would have to limit the amount of teams that register per online qualifiers.

What you think about the final round with 8 games instead of 6? Would that actually make sense to do? Is it fair for the teams who did not qualify in Round 1 and 2? Just curious questions.
m1nac Posted on: 2020-01-27 17:16
ibe Posted on: 2020-01-29 17:13

Add New Comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments.

Login – OR – Register